Join Chris Meyer for an in-depth discussion in this video Stacked panel groups, part of After Effects CC 2015 New Features.
- The new version of After Effects…also sees a big change to the way that panels behave…for the windows you can optionally open up.…If you switch to the "Essentials" workspace,…by default, only one of these panels opens at a time.…As you click on a different panel's name,…everyone else closes, and the one…you select opens to full size,…and I can switch between these different panels.…I can also click on a panel's name…to close it up and see the entire list…with no parameters open, kind of a clean layout.…This is referred to as "solo behavior,"…where opening one closes another.…
If you do not want panels soloed,…you want the panels you like individually opened or closed,…go to the "Options" menu for any one of your group,…and choose "Panel Group Settings, Solo Panels in Stack."…When I disable that behavior, I can, for example,…leave "Info" open all the time,…open and close "Paragraph" or "Character" as I like.…Another trick is that if you do have "Solo" enabled,…if you hold down the "Option" key on Mac,…or "Alt" key on Windows, you can click…
Check back often for updates. New chapters will be added each time Adobe releases a major After Effects update.
- Preview options
- Editing a project without stopping preview playback
- Navigating the CC Libraries workflows
- Moving animations from Adobe Character Animator to After Effects
- Using expressions to dynamically measure facial dimensions
- Setting up layers in CINEWARE and CINEMA 4D Lite
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: This course was updated on 12/01/2015. What changed?
A: We added 11 movies covering the fall 2015 updates to After Effects CC (v13.6), including the new start screen, preview updates, Creative Cloud Libraries import, new effects, and multitouch gestures.