Join Lee Lanier for an in-depth discussion in this video Stabilizing shaky video with the Tracker, part of Maya Rendering for After Effects Composites.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
It's time to start Project 3. In Project 3 we're going to use Motion Tracking to…stabilize a piece of footage.…Now so far we have used Motion Tracking to Transform Track where we identified…some motion in the piece of footage like camera movement and transferred that…motion to a CG Render, like the spyglass or the spaceship.…We can also use Motion Tracking to stabilize, and when you stabilize you…identify the camera shake in the shot and then remove it so it looks like there…is never any motion at all, so let's get started.…I'm going to up here and go to File > Import > File, and retrieve this shot.…
In this case this is shot3 in the Shot3 folder in the Footage folder.…Open that, I am going to drag that down, make a new composition, here we go.…Let's play it back, see what it looks like.…So it's definitely lot of camera shake, much more than other shots.…But we're going to apply the Stabilize function of the Tracker tool to get rid…of that, so let's go ahead and do that.…With the layer selected I'm going to go up to Animation > Track Motion.…
- Working with image sequences
- Matching the 3D camera to video footage
- Lighting models in Maya
- Splitting a scene into multiple render passes
- Batch rendering
- Recombining render passes in an After Effects composition
- Setting up motion trackers
- Refining layers with rotoscoping
- Adding blur and effects
- Adjusting shadows and matte edges
- Using color correction
- Stabilizing shaky video
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Prepping a Maya Scene
2. Introduction to the Render Layer Editor
3. Creating Render Passes with mental ray
4. Recombining Render Passes in After Effects
5. Transforming Motion Tracking in After Effects
Setting up a motion tracker5m 17s
6. Transforming Motion Tracking to a Moving Camera
7. Stabilization and Corner Pin Motion Tracking
Next steps1m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.