Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Speed up or slow down video layers, part of After Effects CC 2018: Editors and Post Essential Training.
- [Speaker] Altering the speed of a video clip…is an often used technique when editing…and After Effects offers us tools to retime layers,…animations, and whole compositions natively.…We'll take a look at a few techniques here in this movie.…So in this clip, we've got a gentleman opening up…the garage doors to a shop and we'll notice it's…shot in slower than real time,…it's like 48 or maybe 60 frames per second.…Regardless, we want to speed this clip up…and how can we do that?…After Effects allows us two different methods to do that.…The first one is called Time Stretching…and if you don't have it already enabled,…let's go ahead and click on our hamburger icon…and go to Columns, Time Stretch.…
And you'll see we have a slider that we can…interactively move and change up the timing…of our layer as a whole.…So let's go ahead and speed that up to 64,…maybe that's not feeling fast enough,…maybe 30%, let's preview that.…That's feeling pretty good.…And so what we can do is actually we can…type this in numerically by…double-clicking on it and saying 30%,…
- Linking Premiere Pro and After Effects dynamically
- Navigating timeline layers
- Working with keyframes
- Precomping elements
- Animating mask reveals and tracking masks
- Creating elements with shape layers
- Animating shapes and text
- Working with Illustrator files
- Animating a logo
- Creating 3D type extrusions
- Creating a simple camera in Z-space montage
- Keying video with Keylight
- Batch rendering and Dynamic Link rendering
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Creating Presets and Controllerswith Nick Harauz1h 29m Intermediate
1. How After Effects Is Different from Premiere
2. Working with Masks and Shapes
3. Working with Type and Logos
4. Working with Stills and Video
5. Outputting Media
6. Example Techniques
7. Challenge: Put Your Skills into Practice
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.