This video helps you understand the Source Monitor and Program Monitor.
- [Instructor] So I'm continuing on here from where I was…in the previous movie with these different clips…added into sequences on the timeline just here,…looking around the field by my house.…So what we're going to do is…switch to the editing workspace,…and that gives us a source monitor on the left-hand side,…which currently is empty.…And the program monitor on the right-hand side,…and so that's everything that we can see here…in this particular timeline.…
So what I'm going to do,…just to make this part really, really clear,…is I'm going to add an adjustment layer.…So I'm going to go to the File menu and choose New,…and it's grayed out at the moment,…so I just need to click away from the timeline there.…I'll go to the Project panel and then just…come down to File, New, Adjustment Layer,…and make sure it's the same size as my footage,…and that's added like so.…And then I'm going to drag this into one of the tracks…or layers above where the sequences are at the current time.…
I'm also going to just hover over the right-hand edge…
- Basic terminology
- Importing files from Photoshop and Illustrator into After Effects
- Creating a lower third in After Effects
- Creating a new project in Adobe Premiere
- Working with sound and Audition
- Multitrack editing
- Remixing time
- Navigating the Adobe Audition interface
- Adobe Media Encoder
- Making a short social movie
Skill Level Beginner
Video Foundations: Cameras and Shootingwith Anthony Q. Artis2h 58m Appropriate for all
Audition CC 2017 Essential Trainingwith Paul Murphy5h 33m Beginner
1. Foundation Concepts
2. Adobe After Effects Essentials
3. Creating a Lower Third in After Effects
4. Adobe Premiere
5. Adobe Audition
6. Adobe Media Encoder
7. Making a Short Social Movie
Connecting with the author1m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.