Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Solution, part 3, part of After Effects CC 2018: Editors and Post Essential Training.
- [Instructor] So after creating this build composition…with content inside of our boxes,…the next step was to take this as a whole…and split them off into 3D layers.…And so I'll come over here to my main composition…and you'll see that I have several instances…of this build pre-comp, and all I did…was take one layer and add a mask to it,…and basically broke this out into several chunks.…And by turning on 3D layers, I was able…to then animate each of these layers in 3D space.…
So I'll hit P for position after selecting them all,…and if I come down to my custom view…you can see that I worked backwards in this case.…Everything is resolved here towards the end…and all I had to do was set a couple key frames.…One at the end and one at the very beginning…and now I have each of these layers of my build…starting off fractured in 3D space.…So to show that off obviously I've created a camera,…and let's switch over to the active camera here,…and with that active camera I created it…as a two node camera.…
So the two node camera has the camera…
- Linking Premiere Pro and After Effects dynamically
- Navigating timeline layers
- Working with keyframes
- Precomping elements
- Animating mask reveals and tracking masks
- Creating elements with shape layers
- Animating shapes and text
- Working with Illustrator files
- Animating a logo
- Creating 3D type extrusions
- Creating a simple camera in Z-space montage
- Keying video with Keylight
- Batch rendering and Dynamic Link rendering
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Creating Presets and Controllerswith Nick Harauz1h 29m Intermediate
1. How After Effects Is Different from Premiere
2. Working with Masks and Shapes
3. Working with Type and Logos
4. Working with Stills and Video
5. Outputting Media
6. Example Techniques
7. Challenge: Put Your Skills into Practice
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.