Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Solution, part 2, part of After Effects CC 2018: Editors and Post Essential Training.
- After I built out the black lines for my skeleton,…the next step was to start to compartmentalize…different kinds of content for these boxes.…And the best way to do that is to create several…different pre compositions that you can feed…into this build comp, and mask away.…So, to demonstrate, let's go ahead and take…a piece of footage here, and I'm just going to…put that into a brand new composition,…and I'll just rename this one test.…To show you my test approach.…
And so the idea was that,…this is now one component of my grid.…Let's go ahead and step back to our build,…and then I can take that test composition,…and place it in my build, and now,…if I drag it underneath my black lines,…I can simply place it to where I like.…And so maybe, it's this section down here…that I want to occupy.…I'll go ahead and size this down,…so it kind of fits in a little bit better.…Here we go, somewhere in there.…And now all I have to do is mask this pre composition…with my rectangle tool, and my black lines as a guide,…I can click and drag, create a mask,…
- Linking Premiere Pro and After Effects dynamically
- Navigating timeline layers
- Working with keyframes
- Precomping elements
- Animating mask reveals and tracking masks
- Creating elements with shape layers
- Animating shapes and text
- Working with Illustrator files
- Animating a logo
- Creating 3D type extrusions
- Creating a simple camera in Z-space montage
- Keying video with Keylight
- Batch rendering and Dynamic Link rendering
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Creating Presets and Controllerswith Nick Harauz1h 29m Intermediate
1. How After Effects Is Different from Premiere
2. Working with Masks and Shapes
3. Working with Type and Logos
4. Working with Stills and Video
5. Outputting Media
6. Example Techniques
7. Challenge: Put Your Skills into Practice
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.