Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Solution, part 1, part of After Effects CC 2018: Editors and Post Essential Training.
- [Instructor] So the first part…of building this challenge was creating the bones…of the structure, and so if we look at the reference,…you'll see that we have all these pieces flying,…and they settle into place, and here, once they settle…into place, we can really easily deconstruct…how these cells or these sections,…these boxes, were created.…I started off by creating some black lines,…and all these black lines that you see here were created…with shape layers, so let's go ahead and go…into our composition, and you'll see…that here's the crux of the entire piece.…
And so let's go ahead and twirl down, and you'll see…that inside my contents I have a shape layer…with multiple paths, and each one…of these paths represents a line in my composition,…so if I turn all these guys off, we're starting…to break apart our cells, our sections.…So I simply did that by adding…in a new line with my pen tool.…so I'll click and click again,…and there you see I have a new path.…
And so once I broke these into pieces, into sections…
- Linking Premiere Pro and After Effects dynamically
- Navigating timeline layers
- Working with keyframes
- Precomping elements
- Animating mask reveals and tracking masks
- Creating elements with shape layers
- Animating shapes and text
- Working with Illustrator files
- Animating a logo
- Creating 3D type extrusions
- Creating a simple camera in Z-space montage
- Keying video with Keylight
- Batch rendering and Dynamic Link rendering
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Creating Presets and Controllerswith Nick Harauz1h 29m Intermediate
1. How After Effects Is Different from Premiere
2. Working with Masks and Shapes
3. Working with Type and Logos
4. Working with Stills and Video
5. Outputting Media
6. Example Techniques
7. Challenge: Put Your Skills into Practice
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.