Join Chris Meyer for an in-depth discussion in this video Software versions and exercise files, part of After Effects Apprentice 09: Expressions.
- View Offline
- [Instructor] These After Effects apprentice courses…are designed to teach the core features in After Effects…from basic animation to advanced visual effects in 3D.…Most of these core features have remained the same…across many versions of After Effects.…With only minor changes to the user interface such as…brightness and highlight color.…Therefore these courses have been designed…to work with After Effects versions…Creative Suite 4, or CS4 for short…through the current Creative Cloud versions.…Most of the apprentice movies were recorded using…After Effects CS5.…Your features were, for the most part, recorded…with a version they were introduced in,…so just CS6 or creative cloud.…
You might notice that the user interface changes,…and the list of compositions available…in the exercise files may grow when we switch…to these later versions.…But don't worry about it, the earlier content…can still be used with later versions of the software.…We'll also note when a feature requires…a certain version of After Effects.…
The After Effects Apprentice series was created by Trish and Chris Meyer. These tutorials are designed for After Effects CS4 through CC, and can be used on their own or as a companion to the Meyer's book, After Effects Apprentice.
- Creating and managing expressions
- Linking together different parameters
- Randomizing a layer's movement
- Looping an animation
- Controlling multiple layers from a single source