Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Sizing a photo for a video project, part of Motion Graphics for Video Editors: Terms and Technology.
- Let's go ahead and size some images for video delivery.…This will be a good workflow, cause it will involve…placing the images at the right size,…as well as taking advantage of some…sharpening settings and keeping safe title…and action safe zones in mind.…To start, I choose File New.…I'll pick from the film and video presets…and select one that works for my delivery.…In this case 1080p.…Now, as we just discussed, the guides here…are a little bit off, but I'll treat the outermost lines…as being most useful.…
If I don't want to ignore those,…I can just pull these inner lines…off the canvas and I'll use this as a guideline…so that any critical elements that need to be read,…fall within.…To place the photo, I'll do just that.…File, Place.…Depending on your version of Photoshop,…you may see an option to place it as an embedded file,…or a linked file.…A linked file will need the dependency on the disk.…I generally prefer embedded…so the file becomes part of the new document.…
Let's navigate here and just select some images.…
- When to use vector vs. raster graphics
- Working with high-dynamic-range images
- Choosing the right color space
- Understanding file extensions and file formats
- Maintaining broadcast-safe color and luminance levels
- Configuring Photoshop and Illustrator workspaces and preferences
- Using templates
- Building titles
- Sizing photos or logos
- Saving Photoshop and Illustrator files for video graphics
Skill Level Beginner
Mograph Techniques: Creating a Product Endpagewith Ian Robinson1h 50m Intermediate
After Effects CC Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson14h 52m Appropriate for all
Mograph Techniques: Animating to Musicwith Ian Robinson1h 5m Intermediate
Premiere Pro CC Essential Training (2014)with Ashley Kennedy8h Appropriate for all
1. Core Technology for Video Graphics
2. Broadcast-Safe Issues
3. Setting Up Photoshop for a Video Workflow
4. Setting Up Illustrator for a Video Workflow
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.