Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Sizing a logo for a video project, part of Motion Graphics for Video Editors: Terms and Technology (2014).
- Let's go ahead and prepare…a logo file for a video project.…I'll show you a couple of different techniques.…Logos are often added to title sequences…or placed in the corner to watermark a video.…To start, choose your delivery standard.…In this case I'll choose File New,…and I'll stick with the video category,…but this time I'll deliver 720.…Since I'm going to be placing this as a corner bug,…I'll re-add the proper safe title guides.…I'm going to stick with SMPTE…because I deliver for that standard,…and this gives me a new layer to place things.…
Now, let's navigate and view our logo files.…I've got a Vector file already done and a JPEG.…Let's start with the Vector file, which is easiest.…I'll take my background here,…and I'm just going to invert that by pressing Control I,…that just set it to black so it was easier to see.…I'll now choose File, Place,…and I'll do the embedded place command.…
Let's grab that Vector file…and add it in.…Click O.K. and it comes in as an object.…Now, remember, this is truly Vector,…
- When to use vector vs. raster graphics
- Working with high-dynamic-range images
- Choosing the right color space
- Understanding file extensions and file formats
- Maintaining broadcast-safe color and luminance levels
- Configuring Photoshop and Illustrator workspaces and preferences
- Using templates
- Building titles
- Sizing photos or logos
- Saving Photoshop and Illustrator files for video graphics
Skill Level Beginner
Mograph Techniques: Creating a Product Endpagewith Ian Robinson1h 50m Intermediate
After Effects CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson14h 51m Appropriate for all
Mograph Techniques: Animating to Musicwith Ian Robinson1h 5m Intermediate
Premiere Pro CC Essential Training (2014)with Ashley Kennedy8h Appropriate for all
1. Core Technology for Video Graphics
2. Broadcast-Safe Issues
3. Setting Up Photoshop for a Video Workflow
4. Setting Up Illustrator for a Video Workflow
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.