Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Sizing a logo for video with Adobe Illustrator, part of Motion Graphics for Video Editors: Terms and Technology.
- As you saw earlier, there are some certain…work flow benefits to getting a logo, or a vector…element sized to the approximate correct pixel count.…This'll reduce render time, and can work around…any limitations that your tool might have,…if it cannot continuously rasterize the vector file.…To do this, let's open up a logo file,…and get it ready for a video sized project.…I'm going to start by opening up this logo here.…One of the first things I'd like to point out,…is that this logo is in the CMYK color space.…
That's pretty common for design.…Now, if I select this logo, easiest way to…do that is to click on the dot next to it.…You'll see it makes a basic selection.…However, I'd like only part of the logo.…I'm going to lose the older iPod here.…So, instead, I could take the direct selection tool…and simply lasso around the parts that I want to keep.…And now it's an active selection.…I'll choose Edit, Copy, to load that to the clipboard,…and then File, New.…
As you just learned, there are several film…and video templates here.…
- When to use vector vs. raster graphics
- Working with high-dynamic-range images
- Choosing the right color space
- Understanding file extensions and file formats
- Maintaining broadcast-safe color and luminance levels
- Configuring Photoshop and Illustrator workspaces and preferences
- Using templates
- Building titles
- Sizing photos or logos
- Saving Photoshop and Illustrator files for video graphics
Skill Level Beginner
Mograph Techniques: Creating a Product Endpagewith Ian Robinson1h 50m Intermediate
After Effects CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson14h 52m Appropriate for all
Mograph Techniques: Animating to Musicwith Ian Robinson1h 5m Intermediate
Premiere Pro CC Essential Training (2014)with Ashley Kennedy8h Appropriate for all
1. Core Technology for Video Graphics
2. Broadcast-Safe Issues
3. Setting Up Photoshop for a Video Workflow
4. Setting Up Illustrator for a Video Workflow
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.