Join Maxim Jago for an in-depth discussion in this video Sharing rough cuts with Premiere Pro, part of Video Production with Creative Suite 6.
As well as pre organizing your clips and assigning metadata to your media in preload. …You can build what Adobe calls a rough cart or several rough carts, and send …that into Premiere Pro. Now personally, I would call the …sequences that are created, assembly edits, rather than rough cuts. …For me, a rough cut has a little bit more finessing in it than the piecing together …of whole clips and sub clips that you get in Prelude. …Nonetheless, it's an extremely useful feature, it's particularly good if you're …a director, and you want to communicate with your editor.…
The gist of the structure of the edit that you've got in mind, but you don't …really know how non-linear editing systems work. …If we flip that around, imagine that you're an editor and you somehow need to …help your director communicate with you their intentions. …Spend just a few minutes teaching them Adobe Prelude and they can use that to …build sequences for you. Doing this is very, very simple. …On the bottom right here in the Project panel, I've got a create new rough cut button. …
- Improving speech-to-text analysis with Story
- Organizing projects in Prelude
- Batch renaming with Bridge
- Preparing images for video in Illustrator
- Working with Photoshop files in Premiere Pro
- Round-tripping a soundtrack from Premiere Pro to Audition and back again
- Preparing content for After Effects in Premiere Pro
- Sending work from Premiere Pro to SpeedGrade
- Using Dynamic Link to share sequences between Premiere Pro and Encore
- Using the Media Encoder to output from After Effects
Skill Level Beginner
Premiere Pro CS6 Essential Trainingwith Abba Shapiro6h 59m Beginner
After Effects CS6 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson8h 41m Beginner
Up and Running with DSLR Filmmakingwith Chad Perkins1h 10m Appropriate for all
Documentary Editing with Premiere Prowith Jason Osder3h 48m Intermediate
1. Getting Started: An Overview of Dynamic Link and Round-Tripping
Using breakdown reports4m 56s
8. After Effects
11. Adobe Media Encoder
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.