Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Shape layers and transforms, part of After Effects CC 2017 Essential Training: Motion Graphics.
- [Instructor] Shape layers are a unique kind of layer…inside of After Effects…in that they are generated internally…just like the solid layers.…There is one additional big picture concept…unique to shape layers…and that has to do with transforms.…Each layer has a set of transformation properties,…meaning, anchor point, position,…scale, rotation, and opacity.…However, shape layers have the added complexity…of having their own additional transform controls.…In this movie, we'll see how multiple transformations…can affect the end results.…If you've ever seen the movie Inception,…you're probably familiar with the concept…of a dream inside of a dream…and that's pretty applicable here…in that layers can have transformations…and shapes can have transformations,…and all those things can be inside of one another…or more specifically, shape layers…have transformations inside the layer transformation.…
So to show what I mean,…I've got a simple animation here…that is just a square moving from left to right.…And this animation is made possible by,…
- Working with shape layers, animation, compositing, and type
- Using Basic After Effects 3D
- Building a basic camera rig
- Using the Cinema 4D renderer
- Using Cinema 4D Lite
- Creating 3D text and 3D geometry
- Adding compositions to the Render Queue
- Recording multiple files with the Render Queue
- Using Adobe Media Encoder
- Using prerenders
- Collapsing transformations
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Working with Shape Layers
2. Working with Animation
3. Working with Compositing
4. Working with Type
5. Basic After Effects 3D
6. 3D Geometry
7. Rendering for Motion Graphics
Using prerenders6m 34s
8. Motion Graphic Workflow Tips
Collapse transformations7m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.