The same tools used to create shape layers also create masks. Masks can reveal or hide portions of a layer.
- The tools that are used to create shape layers … in After Effects are also the same tools used … to create masks. … Masks are a powerful way to obscure or reveal … a portion of a selected layer. … Let's see how they work. … In this composition, I've got my character … I'd like to add some texturing to my character … And wouldn't it be great if I could just focus in on … just this one layer and not really see in the timeline … all these other layers? … There is in fact an easy way to do this. … Making sure our timeline is selected, … we'll come up over here to Edit and go down to Select All. … Now, let's deselect our beard layer. … I'll focus in on this column of switches … and this is the Shy Layers switch. … You can see our icon has this little guy … and if we tap on it, you can see … that all these selected layers now have our guy hiding. … But nothing happens in our timeline, … until we hit the Global Shy Layers switch. … After Effects will take into account all the layers … with that switch enabled and hide them …
- Shape layers and masks
- Track mattes
- Rigging characters
- Using the Puppet tool for rigging
- Adding and adjusting keyframes
- Looping animation
- Animating with motion paths and motion sketch
- Adding cameras for multiplane environments
- Lighting animation
- Rendering animation
Skill Level Beginner
After Effects CC 2019 New Featureswith Mark Christiansen34m 12s Intermediate
1. Working with Layers and Shapes
2. Rigging Character Controls
3. Working with Animation
4. Creating Multiplane Environments
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.