Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Shape layer transitions, part of After Effects CC 2018: Editors and Post Essential Training.
- [Lecturer] In the following movies, we'll expand…on the core ideas we presented earlier in the course,…and built out a few example techniques…that you can use in your day-to-day workflow.…Here in this composition, I've got two images…and I want to create a transition between…this landscape image and the layer below it,…this ruins image.…And I'm going to use a custom transition to do that…and we'll use shape layer to build this out.…So I'll come over to transition composition…and let's go ahead and create a shape layer.…So I'll switch over to my pen tool, and for now,…let's go ahead and put this down to 60 pixels wide…for a stoke, and I'll disable the fill.…
And what I'm going to do is I'm just going to click and drag…on the corner here of my frame, just top and bottom,…just follow along with it, just try to make that…as straight as possible.…Go ahead and undo that.…Here we go.…And so, what we want to do now is,…I think we want to take this line and duplicate it…across the screen.…So, one way we can do that is through the use…
- Linking Premiere Pro and After Effects dynamically
- Navigating timeline layers
- Working with keyframes
- Precomping elements
- Animating mask reveals and tracking masks
- Creating elements with shape layers
- Animating shapes and text
- Working with Illustrator files
- Animating a logo
- Creating 3D type extrusions
- Creating a simple camera in Z-space montage
- Keying video with Keylight
- Batch rendering and Dynamic Link rendering
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Creating Presets and Controllerswith Nick Harauz1h 29m Intermediate
1. How After Effects Is Different from Premiere
2. Working with Masks and Shapes
3. Working with Type and Logos
4. Working with Stills and Video
5. Outputting Media
6. Example Techniques
7. Challenge: Put Your Skills into Practice
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.