Join Brian Morse for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up your 3D scene, part of 3D Tracking and After Effects Compositing.
- [Instructor] Okay, so let's start setting up our 3D scene…in Cinema 4D Lite.…Now we have a couple ways we can do this.…We can go up to the File menu,…go under New and create a MAXON Cinema 4D File,…and that'll create a file that will be imported…into After Effects and open up Cinema 4D Lite…with the default settings.…But we're going to do this a little different.…We're going to take our composition, our Camera02_3D,…which is our undistorted comp,…and we're going to use the settings…that are set up for this already…to set up our Cinema 4D file.…
So to do that, we select our comp…in the Project window and then go to File,…Export, MAXON Cinema 4D Exporter.…And we get this warning,…and that's just because there's 2D layer.…But you can disregard that.…And we'll find our AE folder,…and let's just write right over…the one that I had made previous, camera_scene.…Hit Save and Replace.…
Now we're going to have to bring that back in…to After Effects.…So we're going to Import, File,…and just open up our Cinema 4D file.…And then to open up the actual Cinema 4D scene,…
- Exporting cameras to Maya and After Effects
- Importing models
- Setting up scenes for compositing
- Setting your color space
- Using 3D in After Effects to add a change
- Connecting all of your shots
- Rendering final composites
Skill Level Advanced
SynthEyes Essential Training (2015)with Brian Morse2h 34m Beginner
VFX Techniques: Digital Set Extensionwith Lee Lanier1h 47m Intermediate
VFX Techniques: Crowd Replication with After Effectswith Lee Lanier2h 54m Intermediate
1. Exporting Cameras to Maya and After Effects
Exporting from SynthEyes7m 29s
2. Working in Maya
3. Compositing in After Effects
4. Using 3D in Cinema 4D Lite to Add a Change
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.