Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up the shot with Lapse It, part of Creating Time-Lapse Video.
- View Offline
Rich: For the iPhone there's lots of different apps available capable of …shooting time-lapse. Feel free to check some of them out. …Most are affordable, some even have free lightweight editions. …What you're looking for is one that gives you the ability to lock the exposure, so …you don't see a lot of shifting over time. …I want to use Lapse I t for the iPhone. So, let's just go ahead and get that …launched and I'll go over to my cameras page and I'll open it. …Now you'll see that, that gives me the initial shot and I could see through the camera. …Now its a live feed and so we're actually seeing through and what I want to make …sure I'm being careful of is that I choose my exposure point.…
Preferably on something that is not going to change too dramatically. …Now I could expose for the sky or expose for the mountain behind me and typically …it's kind of difficult. With the iphone since you're not shooting …a true HDR image you're going to have to do some post processing to the file. …
This course was created and produced by Rich Harrington. We are honored to host this content in our library.
- What is time-lapse photography?
- Why shoot with a still camera?
- Choosing a frame size and frame rate
- Using an internal or external intervalometer
- Selecting a memory card
- Tracking the sun's position
- Deciding how long to shoot
- Using a slider
- Shooting time lapse on a smartphone or tablet
- Removing noise and spots with Adobe Camera Raw
- Importing the image sequence
- Refining the duration and frame rate
- Blending frames
- Creating variable speed effects
- Exporting your sequence