Join Rob Garrott for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up an object buffer list, part of Cinema 4D: Rendering Motion Graphics for After Effects.
The compositing process really boils down to control.…How much control can I get over my image, so that I can affect any part of it…without having to go back to my 3D application?…Multi-pass rendering gives us that control, and fundamental to that process is…something called an object buffer. And an object buffer is a matte for any…individual object within your scene, and what it allows me to do is to control…that object inside of After Effects, or any other compositing program that allows…for the idea of track mattes.…Setting up an object buffer in CINEMA 4D is a two-part process.…In this movie, we're going to do part one, which is creating a list of these…object buffers that we're going to need inside of After Effects.…
And so when I generate that list, what I'm doing is I'm looking at the image and…asking myself a very fundamental question: what do I want to be able to control…inside of After Effects, so I don't have to come back to CINEMA 4D?…And if I scrub to the hero position for the whole animation--I'm just going to…
- Setting up a multi-pass render
- Batch rendering in CINEMA 4D
- Importing 3D elements into After Effects
- Creating and using precomps for compositing control
- Compositing 3D text in a dynamic 3D environment
- Creating a glow effect using Trapcode Starglow
- Using 3D layers to create masking effects
- Adding a flash bulb effect with CC Light Rays
- Adding glows and glints to type
- Creating a 2D camera shake effect using pre-comps
- Adding depth of field with the Lens Blur effect
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects CS5 Essential Trainingwith Chad Perkins8h 39m Beginner
Photoshop CS5 Essential Trainingwith Michael Ninness11h 14m Beginner
1. Cinema 4D Prep: Multi-Pass Rendering Setup
2. After Effects Prep
3. Creating the Stadium Effects
4. Creating the Phone Effects
5. Creating the Type Effects
Creating the type glows9m 36s
6. Final Touches and Rendering
Next Steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.