Join Rob Garrott for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up multi-pass image layers, part of CINEMA 4D: Rendering Motion Graphics for After Effects.
The technique of multi-pass rendering gives us tremendous control in After Effects.…We've set up our object buffers in order to isolate different elements within…the image, but we haven't set up our image layers yet, and that's what we're…going to do right now.…So here in the file, I am going to go to the Render Settings, and in the Render…Settings it's opened with my multi-pass object buffers already highlighted here,…and if they haven't, that's okay. Right now we're going to be adding some stuff…to it, so it doesn't really matter what's highlighted here at all.…What I want to do is go down to the Multi-Pass option though, and click on that.…And these are all the different passes that we have the ability to render inside…of the render engine.…
And we don't need all of these right now; all we need are a few of them. And so…in order to figure out which ones we need, we're going to start off by adding…all the image layers.…Now, we won't be using the material layers at all; those are for a completely…
- Setting up a multi-pass render
- Batch rendering in CINEMA 4D
- Importing 3D elements into After Effects
- Creating and using precomps for compositing control
- Compositing 3D text in a dynamic 3D environment
- Creating a glow effect using Trapcode Starglow
- Using 3D layers to create masking effects
- Adding a flash bulb effect with CC Light Rays
- Adding glows and glints to type
- Creating a 2D camera shake effect using pre-comps
- Adding depth of field with the Lens Blur effect
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects CS5 Essential Trainingwith Chad Perkins8h 39m Beginner
Photoshop CS5 Essential Trainingwith Michael Ninness11h 14m Beginner
1. Cinema 4D Prep: Multi-Pass Rendering Setup
2. After Effects Prep
3. Creating the Stadium Effects
4. Creating the Phone Effects
5. Creating the Type Effects
Creating the type glows9m 36s
6. Final Touches and Rendering
Next Steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.