Join Chris Meyer for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up the main render, part of After Effects Apprentice: 16 Creating a Medical Opening Title.
- [Instructor] Next is actually rendering a proof…for the client.…But first, let's just take a quick look…at all those changes we put in,…make sure we did not introduce some unexpected problems.…I'll maximize my screen and ran Preview.…(heartbeat)…(hypnotic music)…Let's say we deem that to be acceptable…for a proof to send to a client.…
To render this comp, we go to Composition,…Add to Render Queue.…The keyboard shortcut is Ctrl + M on Windows,…and it used to be Command + M on Mac,…but recent versions have made it Command + Ctrl + M on Mac.…This extra key was added so it would not conflict…with the standard Apple OS command to minimize a frame.…I've already added this to the render queue for you,…but I want to show you some of the steps I would go through…to set this up.…First of all, for render settings, I'm going to go into there.…And I'm going to change the color depth to 16 bits per channel.…
I have been working at eight bits per channel,…just to speed things up while I'm previewing.…But these days, when you deliver high-def video,…
The After Effects Apprentice series was created by Trish and Chris Meyer. These tutorials are designed for After Effects CS4 through CC, and can be used on their own or as a companion to the Meyer's book, After Effects Apprentice.
- Animating to music
- Arranging layers in 3D space
- Performing time stretches
- Working with 3D camera tracking
- Typesetting and animating text
- Adding effects like drop shadows and motion blur
- Creating and animating shape layers
- Building and delivering a broadcast package
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects Apprentice: 14 Shape Layerswith Chris Meyer2h 20m Intermediate
The Creative Spark: Title Case, Typographic Artisanswith Jessica Hische28m 31s Appropriate for all
1. Roughing Out the Spot
2. Building the Hero Shot and Title
3. Creating Video Frames Using Shape Layers
4. Dressing Up the Background
5. Finalizing the Proof
6. Delivering the Results
7. Idea Corners
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.