Join Chris Meyer for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up the final render, part of Creating Flying Logos with After Effects and Cinema 4D Lite.
- Before I render this for the client,…assuming that I'm happy with the lighting,…the color and the camera move,…there's a couple little technical details…I wanna clean up first.…One thing I noticed is that we had some banding…in the color going across the face of this logo.…I don't know how obvious that's gonna be for you…watching this streaming over the Internet,…but I'm seeing waves of color go through here…that are a bit posterized.…It's not a smooth gradient.…The reason that is,…is because I'm using 8-bit-per-channel color mode,…and also, in my Project Settings,…I'm using Linearized Workspace,…which also can make some of this banding much more obvious.…
That's okay.…When it comes time to render,…I'm going to switch to 16-bit-per-channel mode,…which will give me much smoother rendering.…Let's see if I can find a frame…with particularly bad banding.…It's not very nice through here.…If I option click on this in Mac,…alt click on Windows,…I'll put it into 16-bit-per-channel mode…and the color gradient is much smoother.…
- Preparing the logo in Adobe Illustrator
- Importing, extruding, and beveling the logo
- Simple texturing using material presets
- Key and fill lighting
- Keyframing a camera move
- Compositing in After Effects
- Rendering for video or the web
Skill Level Beginner
Cinema 4D R16 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson9h 35m Beginner
Mograph Techniques: Creating a Sports Bumperwith EJ Hassenfratz2h 25m Intermediate
1. Preparing the Files
2. Importing and Extruding the Logo
3. Lighting and Texturing the Logo
4. Animating and Rendering
5. Going Further
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.