Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting type, part of After Effects CC 2018: Editors and Post Essential Training.
- [Instructor] If you're a Premiere Pro user…you might have found its tools for creating text…to be fairly basic, especially when it comes…to animating them.…Luckily, AfterEffects is home to the most dynamic and…powerful text tools available for motion graphics.…Here, we'll take a look at setting up some type…by exploring the character menu.…In this composition I have some footage…of letterpress machinery at work,…and I thought it might make for a cool backdrop…for our title.…So we have some motion here on the left,…and on the right-hand side,…we can reserve that to create some text.…
So before we create text,…let's go ahead and switch over to our layout,…or our workspace.…We'll come here to window-workspace-text,…and that's going to open up…our character and paragraph panels.…And the character panel might look familiar to you.…It's pretty much identical to the one found in Photoshop.…So if you have some experience with that,…you'll feel right at home.…I'm going to come over here to my text tool,…and I'll just click somewhere inside here…
- Linking Premiere Pro and After Effects dynamically
- Navigating timeline layers
- Working with keyframes
- Precomping elements
- Animating mask reveals and tracking masks
- Creating elements with shape layers
- Animating shapes and text
- Working with Illustrator files
- Animating a logo
- Creating 3D type extrusions
- Creating a simple camera in Z-space montage
- Keying video with Keylight
- Batch rendering and Dynamic Link rendering
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Creating Presets and Controllerswith Nick Harauz1h 29m Intermediate
1. How After Effects Is Different from Premiere
2. Working with Masks and Shapes
3. Working with Type and Logos
4. Working with Stills and Video
5. Outputting Media
6. Example Techniques
7. Challenge: Put Your Skills into Practice
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.