A fairly standard video graphic that you will use in almost every type of video project is a lower third. This is a graphic that helps identify the speaker. You can build this in a tool like Adobe Photoshop. In this video, Richard Harrington demonstrates how to save text and mix styles for a lower third in Photoshop.
- Now that we have our bar element, it's time to add text.…Now, there are many ways to add text…to a document in Photoshop,…but if you're gonna make a template,…I'd encourage you to stick with a font…that's included with Adobe Creative Cloud.…To do this, you can go to the Type menu…and choose Add Fonts from Typekit.…This'll take you to a new webpage,…and you'll see a lot of different fonts available.…Feel free to narrow down the search,…such as specifying a style, like Serif or Sans Serif,…as well as other options, such as a general Weight,…and you see that it starts to sort things for you.…
I like this one here, Motiva Sans,…so I'll click to get more details.…I see that there are different weights available.…This means that I can mix these font family together,…using a bolder version and a simpler version.…Let's go ahead and sync the bold version here,…and I'll simply sign in, using my Creative Cloud ID,…and now, it's automatically added.…If I wanna get other weights, I can choose those,…and let's combine this with a simpler one for the city,…
- Designing lower thirds in Photoshop
- Creating alpha channels in Photoshop
- Designing 3D type in Photoshop
- Distressing text
- Creating a watermark
- Animating text with After Effects
- Using animation presets
- Extruding 3D text in After Effects
- Creating titles in Premiere Pro
- Adding a logo to a lower third
- Using Dynamic Link with text for Premiere Pro and After Effects
Skill Level Beginner
After Effects: Animated Write-on Typewith Ran Ben Avraham1h 34m Intermediate
1. Designing Lower Thirds in Photoshop
2. Designing 3D Type in Photoshop
3. Photoshop Design Techniques
4. Animated Text with After Effects
5. After Effects Design Techniques
6. Overview of Text in Adobe Premiere Pro
7. Linking Workflows for Text with Adobe Video Apps
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.