Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting text and mixing styles, part of Motion Graphics for Video Editors: Working with Type (2014).
- Now that the bar is designed,…we're ready to add some fonts.…Now, typically, in a lower third,…you're going to have two lines of information.…Usually the first line is the speaker's name,…or perhaps the location, and the secondary line…can be used for context, maybe it's the…location of the speaker, or it's additional details about…why that location is being shown.…In any case, you usually have one line…of principle information, which is larger,…followed by a secondary line.…I'll choose the text tool by pressing T for text,…and then click and drag to define the area text.…
This is important, as it allows you…to accurately position where the text will go.…Let's name this, Name, and within it,…I could type to add some details.…Now, choose any font that's on your system.…There's lots of options available,…and your fonts may be different than what I have here,…but pick something that relatively matches the overall look.…Let's go with Arial, and I'm going…to start with Arial Black...…
Load up a gentle off-white, I often prefer…
- Designing lower thirds in Photoshop
- Creating alpha channels in Photoshop
- Designing 3D type in Photoshop
- Distressing text
- Creating a watermark
- Animating text with After Effects
- Using and customizing animation presets
- Extruding 3D text in After Effects
- Creating titles in Premiere Pro
- Adding a logo to a lower third
- Linking text
Skill Level Beginner
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Intermediatewith Deke McClelland11h 37m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Creating a Product Endpagewith Ian Robinson1h 50m Intermediate
1. Designing Lower Thirds in Photoshop
2. Designing 3D Type in Photoshop
3. Photoshop Design Techniques
4. Animated Text with After Effects
5. After Effects Design Techniques
6. An Overview of Text in Adobe Premiere Pro
7. Adobe Premiere Pro Design Techniques
8. Linking Workflows for Text with Adobe Video Apps
Live templates2m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.