Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting the right canvas size, part of Motion Graphics for Video Editors: Working with Type.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- A fairly standard type-based graphic that you're going to…often need in video productions is a lower third.…This is often used to designate who is speaking…or to identify a particular location in a video.…This is a stalwart graphic that you're going to use,…virtually, all the time.…To start, let's use Adobe Photoshop, which is…an excellent place to begin whether you're creating…static graphics or animated graphics.…I'll choose File > New to create a new graphic.…From the Preset area, I could choose the…film and video category.…
And now you'll notice several size-based presets,…ranging from Standard Definition video…which isn't used very much these days,…to the next group of High Definition video,…then followed by film resolutions of 2K and 4K.…Let's build a graphic here using the HDTV 1080p preset.…You'll notice that it loads in…a width of 1920 x 1080 pixels.…The resolution of 72 pixels per inch is not really needed.…This is an older piece of technology.…There are still a few video graphics applications that…
- Designing lower thirds in Photoshop
- Creating alpha channels in Photoshop
- Designing 3D type in Photoshop
- Distressing text
- Creating a watermark
- Animating text with After Effects
- Using and customizing animation presets
- Extruding 3D text in After Effects
- Creating titles in Premiere Pro
- Adding a logo to a lower third
- Linking text
Skill Level Beginner
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Intermediatewith Deke McClelland11h 37m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Creating a Product Endpagewith Ian Robinson1h 50m Intermediate
1. Designing Lower Thirds in Photoshop
2. Designing 3D Type in Photoshop
3. Photoshop Design Techniques
4. Animated Text with After Effects
5. After Effects Design Techniques
6. An Overview of Text in Adobe Premiere Pro
7. Adobe Premiere Pro Design Techniques
8. Linking Workflows for Text with Adobe Video Apps
Live templates2m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.