Join Rob Garrott for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting markers for major events, part of CINEMA 4D: Rendering Motion Graphics for After Effects.
Understanding when things are supposed to happen is the most important part of…animation compositing.…Not only are you concerned about what a signal frame looks like, but you are also…worried about the order in which things happen.…In this movie, we're going to make special event markers in our composition that…will be a visual cue as to when important effects are supposed to occur.…Now, I am here in CINEMA 4D for a reason.…CINEMA 4D holds the key to all the information that we're going to need in…After Effects, and that's in the form of the moment in time when a particular event happens.…And so if I scrub backwards in time, the things that I am worried about are…events like when does the phone appear, when does the camera start to move, when…does the phone start to move towards the screen?…And I'm going to make special notations on a piece of paper of when those events…occur based on their frame number, and then I am going to use that information…in After Effects to create event markers.…
So, for example, I am going to scrub through backwards in time to the moment…
- Setting up a multi-pass render
- Batch rendering in CINEMA 4D
- Importing 3D elements into After Effects
- Creating and using precomps for compositing control
- Compositing 3D text in a dynamic 3D environment
- Creating a glow effect using Trapcode Starglow
- Using 3D layers to create masking effects
- Adding a flash bulb effect with CC Light Rays
- Adding glows and glints to type
- Creating a 2D camera shake effect using pre-comps
- Adding depth of field with the Lens Blur effect
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects CS5 Essential Trainingwith Chad Perkins8h 39m Beginner
Photoshop CS5 Essential Trainingwith Michael Ninness11h 15m Beginner
1. Cinema 4D Prep: Multi-Pass Rendering Setup
2. After Effects Prep
3. Creating the Stadium Effects
4. Creating the Phone Effects
5. Creating the Type Effects
6. Final Touches and Rendering
Next Steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.