A custom control can be used to manipulate multiple properties at once, helping to simplify the rigging process.
- [Instructor] To help broaden control of our characters, … we can use Expressions to link several properties … to an Expression Control. … By doing this grouping, we can create one Control … that drives the values of many others … bringing efficiency to our Character Rig. … when I preview this, you can see … that the fingers kind of fan out and then they close together … as well as the wrist rotating around. … And if I stop this, and just come up over here to Animation, … I can select Reveal Properties with Keyframes … and you can see that my timeline only shows one layer … as having any animation whatsoever. … And I'm able to do this thanks to Expression Controls. … You can see that this one Expression Control here … controls the opening and closing of the hand … while the other controls the rotation of the wrist. … If you don't already have the Effect Controls window open, … you can come up to Window and open up Effect Controls. … You can see here under my Effect Controls … that I have two individual properties, …
- Shape layers and masks
- Track mattes
- Rigging characters
- Using the Puppet tool for rigging
- Adding and adjusting keyframes
- Looping animation
- Animating with motion paths and motion sketch
- Adding cameras for multiplane environments
- Lighting animation
- Rendering animation
Skill Level Beginner
After Effects CC 2019 New Featureswith Mark Christiansen34m 12s Intermediate
1. Working with Layers and Shapes
2. Rigging Character Controls
3. Working with Animation
4. Creating Multiplane Environments
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.