Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Set type, part of After Effects CC 2018 Essential Training: Motion Graphics.
- After Effects is home to one of the most…dynamic and powerful text tools…available for motion graphics.…If you've had previous experience with…Type Tools and Photoshop, then you'll…feel right at home inside of After Effects.…It builds on that foundation and…goes much further with a range of…control and options available to you.…So here in this Composition,…I've got four layers of text…and a simple shape layer,…and I built and laid all this stuff out…inside of After Effects using the Type tool.…So let's deconstruct this.…Going to pause right here, and…the first thing I'm going to do is…switch over to my Window, Workspace, Text layout.…
And you'll see I have a Character panel…and a Paragraph panel available to me now.…Let's select this Layer 3, this word big.…So if you've used Photoshop before,…you'll recognize this Character panel.…It's essentially the same thing.…I've got the ability to change out my font.…With this dropdown, I can see all the fonts…that are installed on my system.…I can swap out one font for another.…
- Working with shape layers and paths
- Animating compositions
- Animating type
- Animating 3D layers
- Creating 3D text and geometry
- Rendering your motion graphics
- Following an effective motion graphic workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/07/2018. What changed?
A: We added videos on two new features in Adobe CC 2018: the Essential Graphics panel and master properties.
After Effects Guru: Expressionswith Luisa Winters2h 28m Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Keying with Keylightwith Luisa Winters1h 3m Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Plugins You Should Knowwith Nick Harauz4h 46m Intermediate
1. Working with Shape Layers
2. Working with Animation
3. Working with Compositing
4. Working with Type
5. Basic After Effects 3D
6. 3D Geometry
7. Rendering for Motion Graphics
8. Motion Graphic Workflow Tips
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.