In this video, learn how to change the size, position, and rotation of the background and character elements.
- [Narrator] I want to make one small change…to my composition, and that's to change this black color…around the comp because it's a little severe.…So, I'm going to right click on the O60 robots,…and select composition settings.…And in this window you can change lots of things…about your composition: the size of it,…if you want a different screen resolution,…the name, the frame rate.…But I'm just going to change the background color…from black to white because I think…it looks less frightening, so let's do that.…So that's done, and now we can proceed…to animate the flying saucer.…
So one thing I want to flag for you is that…I'm gonna make sure that we have…the selection tool selected.…If you click on these different elements,…so I'm gonna click on the road, for example,…by hitting the road layer here.…I've put the pivots in all where they should be,…so using the Y shortcut.…I've put the pivots on each building…where I think it should be if we want to scale…or rotate any of those objects.…So, the little human guy is at his feet,…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
- Importing Animate scenes in After Effects comps
- Duplicating comps
- Nesting comps
- Adjusting colors and lighting
- Creating masks
- Adding special effects: fog, motion blur, distortion, glow, and more
- Creating 3D environments
- Animating cameras in a 3D scene
- Rendering and finalizing the After Effects project
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
2D Animation: Character & Attitude Walk Cycleswith Dermot O' Connor57m 13s Appropriate for all
2D Animation: Walk Cycles Basicswith Dermot O' Connor57m 24s Appropriate for all
1. Assembling the Scene
2. Filters and Effects
3. 3D Scenes
4. Final Touches
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.