Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Saving presets, part of Motion Graphics for Video Editors: Working with Type.
- Once you've built an animation you like,…whether it's a custom one,…or one from using several presets together,…you could save it as a new preset.…I'll mouse over the window here…and press the tilde key to maximize it.…And now you see several properties.…What you're gonna want to do is…make sure that anything you're using is visible.…So, in this case, click on any of the properties…that you want to save as part of the preset.…You'll note if there's key frames,…it'll store those as well.…
By choosing the properties that you'd like to use,…it's very simple to make that preset.…There we go, I've got everything highlighted…and I could choose Animation > Save Animation Preset.…Now, I recommend you go to your…Creative Cloud Files folder and I just…make a folder called AE Presets.…And save that.…Now, you can switch to a new layer,…highlight the text layer and choose…Animation > Apply Animation Presets,…and you'll see that your presets…are synced in your Creative Cloud Files folder.…
Remember, this folder's quite useful…
- Designing lower thirds in Photoshop
- Creating alpha channels in Photoshop
- Designing 3D type in Photoshop
- Distressing text
- Creating a watermark
- Animating text with After Effects
- Using and customizing animation presets
- Extruding 3D text in After Effects
- Creating titles in Premiere Pro
- Adding a logo to a lower third
- Linking text
Skill Level Beginner
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Intermediatewith Deke McClelland11h 37m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Creating a Product Endpagewith Ian Robinson1h 50m Intermediate
1. Designing Lower Thirds in Photoshop
2. Designing 3D Type in Photoshop
3. Photoshop Design Techniques
4. Animated Text with After Effects
5. After Effects Design Techniques
6. An Overview of Text in Adobe Premiere Pro
7. Adobe Premiere Pro Design Techniques
8. Linking Workflows for Text with Adobe Video Apps
Live templates2m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.