Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Saving a Photoshop file for a NLE or motion graphics system, part of Motion Graphics for Video Editors: Terms and Technology (2014).
- Let's take a moment to look at a layered Photoshop file,…and ensure that it's ready to hand off…to an editing or motion graphics tool.…I just wanna share a few extra steps that I take,…to make sure a seamless transfer occurs.…First off, let's just make a little room here,…and expand the Layers Panel.…I'm happy with the image as is,…so I don't need the Histogram…or Info Panel taking up space.…So I'll just close those out of the way.…Also get rid of the Adjustments here,…so I can just see the Layers.…
Well, this is a composite image.…And if I'm happy with the image,…I might choose to merge a few things.…For example, I feel that this is pretty solid.…When I import into an NLE,…some of options like Adjustment Layers here,…such as the Levels Adjustment, may not come in.…So, I'll select the layers that I'm happy with,…and choose Layer, Merge Layers.…Shortcut is Command or Control E.…And let's name that.…
BG for background.…I then have the bars, and a logo.…That all seems pretty solid.…Next I had text.…And I'd like to turn this into a graphic that builds.…
- When to use vector vs. raster graphics
- Working with high-dynamic-range images
- Choosing the right color space
- Understanding file extensions and file formats
- Maintaining broadcast-safe color and luminance levels
- Configuring Photoshop and Illustrator workspaces and preferences
- Using templates
- Building titles
- Sizing photos or logos
- Saving Photoshop and Illustrator files for video graphics
Skill Level Beginner
Mograph Techniques: Creating a Product Endpagewith Ian Robinson1h 50m Intermediate
After Effects CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson14h 51m Appropriate for all
Mograph Techniques: Animating to Musicwith Ian Robinson1h 5m Intermediate
Premiere Pro CC Essential Training (2014)with Ashley Kennedy8h Appropriate for all
1. Core Technology for Video Graphics
2. Broadcast-Safe Issues
3. Setting Up Photoshop for a Video Workflow
4. Setting Up Illustrator for a Video Workflow
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.