Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Saving an Illustrator file for an NLE or motion graphics system, part of Motion Graphics for Video Editors: Terms and Technology.
- Let's review how to prepare…a multi-layered illustrator file…for use in a video or motion graphics application.…In this case I've already prepped the elements…and put them on their own layers.…Also, by double clicking on the layer's name…I'm able to give it a more descriptive name.…This helps quite a bit.…If you do need to modify the size,…you can shift click to select multiple layers.…Just click on the empty circle.…Then holding down shift and alt or shift and option…you can scale these as a single unit.…
Alright, everything looks pretty good there.…What I'm gonna do is choose File, Save As…and save this as a multi-layered Illustrator file.…Everything looks good there. I'll click save.…And from the Options box, I'll make sure to save it…as the newer Illustrator CC format.…So it's most compatible.…It's a good idea to create PDF compatible files…so they're easier to import into other applications.…Now a tool like Adobe After Effects…can import this pretty cleanly.…
Let's choose File, Import, File.…And I'll select the layered file that we just created.…
- When to use vector vs. raster graphics
- Working with high-dynamic-range images
- Choosing the right color space
- Understanding file extensions and file formats
- Maintaining broadcast-safe color and luminance levels
- Configuring Photoshop and Illustrator workspaces and preferences
- Using templates
- Building titles
- Sizing photos or logos
- Saving Photoshop and Illustrator files for video graphics
Skill Level Beginner
Mograph Techniques: Creating a Product Endpagewith Ian Robinson1h 50m Intermediate
After Effects CC Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson14h 52m Appropriate for all
Mograph Techniques: Animating to Musicwith Ian Robinson1h 5m Intermediate
Premiere Pro CC Essential Training (2014)with Ashley Kennedy8h Appropriate for all
1. Core Technology for Video Graphics
2. Broadcast-Safe Issues
3. Setting Up Photoshop for a Video Workflow
4. Setting Up Illustrator for a Video Workflow
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.