Want to take your type-based motion graphics to the next level in Adobe Photoshop? This is where design techniques like distressing text and creating a logo bug come into play. What are some useful design techniques you can use right now? Richard Harrington demonstrates how to create a ripped from the headlines look in Photoshop.
- A common graphic that's often used in documentaries…or public relation pieces is to make something…look like it was ripped from the headlines,…maybe a printed newspaper or a magazine.…And this can be done a couple of different ways…but I want to show you one of my favorites.…What we'll do is actually use some ripped paper.…In this case, you'll see a handful of different options…that I've created and these were created…by actually taking a piece of colored construction paper…and ripping it.…
You see, if you want to get something to look like ripped…paper, just rip some paper.…The benefit of using a piece of colored paper…is that when you scan it or photograph it,…it has higher contrast and it's easier to cut out.…In this case it was pretty simple…and then I just layered in some textures on top.…Here's another.…Those textures are pretty easy to make.…Underneath the popup list here,…you'll see pattern adjustment layers…and underneath there, there's a wide range of options.…Just click the dropdown here and from the fly out menu,…
- Designing lower thirds in Photoshop
- Creating alpha channels in Photoshop
- Designing 3D type in Photoshop
- Distressing text
- Creating a watermark
- Animating text with After Effects
- Using animation presets
- Extruding 3D text in After Effects
- Creating titles in Premiere Pro
- Adding a logo to a lower third
- Using Dynamic Link with text for Premiere Pro and After Effects
Skill Level Beginner
After Effects: Animated Write-on Typewith Ran Ben Avraham1h 34m Intermediate
1. Designing Lower Thirds in Photoshop
2. Designing 3D Type in Photoshop
3. Photoshop Design Techniques
4. Animated Text with After Effects
5. After Effects Design Techniques
6. Overview of Text in Adobe Premiere Pro
7. Linking Workflows for Text with Adobe Video Apps
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.