- Suppose that I want to use reverse stabilization…to remove this grease spot on the mask.…Now, in another course, I showed you how you could…track a mask for this purpose,…and earlier in this course, I actually showed you…how to point track a reverse stabilization.…But here, I'm actually going to use the automated…Warp Stabilizer VFX to create a reverse…stabilization effect and remove the spot.…
Here's how.…I can apply Warp Stabilizer VFX to this whole scene…but as you might guess it's not going to succeed…in locking off that spot so even if I say,…No Motion, in a locked off shot…there's no camera motion in this shot to begin with,…there's gonna be a fight, and the fight is between…the motion in the foreground and the static background.…So in fact what's happening is it's adding a bunch of warp…to the background and it's not really succeeding…in locking off much.…
If we look at the original shot,…it didn't have any motion in the background…so it's made the shot a lot worse.…So let's delete that effect and instead,…
Here, Mark Christiansen shows how to use the five different After Effects trackers, customizing them to work best in the situations that motion graphics artists encounter most often. He covers the fundamentals, as well as opportunities to think outside the box, especially when an automated approach won't work.
- Why point track?
- Recognizing trackable points
- Offsetting a tracker
- Applying the track to a matte
- Using nulls and third-party scripts to create track mattes
- Tracking and stabilizing objects and planes
- Automated tracking
- Applying 3D tracks
Skill Level Intermediate
VFX Techniques: Crowd Replication with After Effectswith Lee Lanier2h 54m Intermediate
VFX Techniques: Tracking Objects onto a Facewith Lee Lanier2h 42m Intermediate
1. Why Point Track?
2. Complex Motion Tracking
3. Adding Tracking Tools
4. Tracking and Stabilizing Objects and Planes
5. Working with Automated Tracking for VFX
Apply a 3D track4m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.