Integrating text into a scene looks really cool. But, it can look a whole lot cooler if an element of the scene reveals that text. This gives the scene more depth and makes the text look like it was there when the footage was shot. In this video, Richard Harrington demonstrates how to use the scene to reveal text in Adobe After Effects.
- Integrating text into a scene looks really cool,…but it's a lot cooler when the scene…really has some depth to it.…In this particular shot, the text is floating…in the middle of the roadway,…but what I want to do is actually have an element,…like the large bus that drives by, reveal it.…This is a cool way to reveal information…gradually over time.…Not only can the camera pan into a move,…or we can see parts of the shots revealed,…we can actually bring the text out…so it's a little bit more of a build.…
This is great for controlling the pace…or delivery of information.…Now, in this particular shot, as we pan,…the text has been placed in the shot the whole time.…And there's nothing wrong with that,…but I think it'd be cooler if the text…was revealed with the scene.…Let's drop this down to 1/4 quality…so it's a little bit snappier,…and as I take a look at this, what I notice is that…the bus is gonna drive in.…And that bus would make a great way to reveal the text,…so we can have the bus wipe the text on.…
What we need to do here is duplicate…
- Designing lower thirds in Photoshop
- Creating alpha channels in Photoshop
- Designing 3D type in Photoshop
- Distressing text
- Creating a watermark
- Animating text with After Effects
- Using animation presets
- Extruding 3D text in After Effects
- Creating titles in Premiere Pro
- Adding a logo to a lower third
- Using Dynamic Link with text for Premiere Pro and After Effects
Skill Level Beginner
After Effects: Animated Write-on Typewith Ran Ben Avraham1h 34m Intermediate
1. Designing Lower Thirds in Photoshop
2. Designing 3D Type in Photoshop
3. Photoshop Design Techniques
4. Animated Text with After Effects
5. After Effects Design Techniques
6. Overview of Text in Adobe Premiere Pro
7. Linking Workflows for Text with Adobe Video Apps
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.