Join Rob Garrott for an in-depth discussion in this video Revealing the background glow using a 3D layer mask, part of CINEMA 4D: Rendering Motion Graphics for After Effects.
So our stadium is looking pretty hot from a standpoint of the glow effects and…raising the temperature and energy in the scene, but now what we want to have…to happen is we wanted that glow to feel as if it's emanating outward from the…point of origin, and that point of origin is where the phone emerges from the platform.…So, what we are going to do is we are going to use a 3D layer here inside of…our composition to cause that glow to be revealed from the central platform…outward towards the stand and the crowds and the lights.…So, I am going to start off by making a new 3D solid.…
So, I'll go to the Layer menu > New > Solid.…Now, the color is not important, but the size is.…I am going to make the width 960 x 960, so it's basically a square version of…our composition size.…Once again, the color doesn't matter.…I am going to call this one Glow Reveal instead of Dark Gray Solid, and hit OK.…Now, this covers up our composition.…Next thing we want to do is make it a 3D solid.…So I'll go to my Switches and modes and move over to Switches columns and …
- Setting up a multi-pass render
- Batch rendering in CINEMA 4D
- Importing 3D elements into After Effects
- Creating and using precomps for compositing control
- Compositing 3D text in a dynamic 3D environment
- Creating a glow effect using Trapcode Starglow
- Using 3D layers to create masking effects
- Adding a flash bulb effect with CC Light Rays
- Adding glows and glints to type
- Creating a 2D camera shake effect using pre-comps
- Adding depth of field with the Lens Blur effect
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects CS5 Essential Trainingwith Chad Perkins8h 39m Beginner
Photoshop CS5 Essential Trainingwith Michael Ninness11h 14m Beginner
1. Cinema 4D Prep: Multi-Pass Rendering Setup
2. After Effects Prep
3. Creating the Stadium Effects
4. Creating the Phone Effects
5. Creating the Type Effects
Creating the type glows9m 36s
6. Final Touches and Rendering
Next Steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.