Join Ian Robinson for an in-depth discussion in this video Retouching with the Rubber Stamp tool, part of After Effects CS6 Essential Training.
As we scrub through the project, you can see I've got some issues here that I…could definitely use the Clone Stamp tool to fix.…For example, this hair that appears to be on the lens and this dirt that's up here;…notice as I scrub when the turbine goes by, it overlaps.…That could be problematic.…But we can fix it relatively easily with the Clone Stamp tool.…Now the Clone Stamp tool is driven by the Paint Engine in After Effects.…So the way that works, you have to double- click the layer to open up the Layer panel.…
So if we double-click, here we have a Layer panel window, and in here, we could…paint with our Clone Stamp tool.…But since this is a paint function, if you go to the Workspace pulldown, notice…there is a Paint option.…So let's change our workspace to Paint.…Now that we're in Paint, you can see on the left, we have the Composition Viewer…and then right here, we have the Layer panel.…So within the Layer panel itself, we can actually paint once we grab our Clone tool.…
So go up to the Clone Stamp tool in your Tool palette and select it.…
- Setting up the workspace, important preferences, and the cache
- Importing footage and comps
- Relinking missing footage
- Creating type, shape layers, and masks
- Rotoscoping with the Roto Brush
- Adjusting keyframes in the Graph Editor
- Timing animations to audio
- Building backgrounds with effects
- Rendering with the Render Queue and Adobe Media Encoder
- Animating 3D type
- Smoothing shaky footage and retouching footage
- Keying green screen footage
- Working with 3D: extruding shapes, adding ray-traced lighting, and more
Skill Level Beginner
Adobe After Effects
What is After Effects?1m 8s
1. Getting Started
2. Understanding Compositions
3. Building and Designing with Layers
4. Animation 101
5. Using Effects to Modify Layers
6. Jumping into 3D
7. Exporting and Rendering
8. Going in Depth with Type and Shapes
9. Video in Depth
10. Project: Keying Green Screen Footage
11. Integrating External Projects
Importing Illustrator files4m 25s
12. Project: Tracking and Advanced 3D
What's next1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.