Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Repeating elements, part of After Effects CC 2017 Essential Training: Motion Graphics.
- [Instructor] Repetition is a fundamental…graphic design idea used throughout motion graphics.…After Effects allows you to take this idea…and repeat shape layers in space,…to create new and more complex forms.…Here, we'll take a look at a few different ways…to create a simple flower by use of a shape layer…and something called a repeater.…So here in this example, I've got a simple flower shape.…This petal was created by use of a polystar,…and so if I twirl this down, under Contents, this petal,…you'll see that we have a polystar shape that is still live.…And by live, meaning we can still…change out the number of points,…we can change the inner radius and outer radius,…and we can certainly come up with different looks…for this flower.…
However, let's take a different approach using a repeater.…This approach is going to allow us…to basically expand on this idea,…and maybe come up with a different look.…So, let's switch over to this second composition,…and for the flower repeater,…we're going to create this shape of the flower.…
- Working with shape layers, animation, compositing, and type
- Using Basic After Effects 3D
- Building a basic camera rig
- Using the Cinema 4D renderer
- Using Cinema 4D Lite
- Creating 3D text and 3D geometry
- Adding compositions to the Render Queue
- Recording multiple files with the Render Queue
- Using Adobe Media Encoder
- Using prerenders
- Collapsing transformations
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Working with Shape Layers
2. Working with Animation
3. Working with Compositing
4. Working with Type
5. Basic After Effects 3D
6. 3D Geometry
7. Rendering for Motion Graphics
Using prerenders6m 34s
8. Motion Graphic Workflow Tips
Collapse transformations7m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.