Join Chris Meyer for an in-depth discussion in this video Rendering in After Effects, part of After Effects Apprentice 01: CC Pre-Roll.
- When you've finished grading your composition…inside After Effects,…eventually you will need to render out a file…to now bring into your editing system,…use as content on a website,…upload to a service like Vimeo or YouTube, etc.…So let's discuss the process…of rendering from After Effects.…Normally, you would choose a composition…you want to render, have it selected,…and then go to Composition - Add to Render Queue.…A new panel will open for the render queue…that you can leave docked down in the timeline panel.…
Or if you prefer, dock up with the comp panel,…where you can see it in more detail.…Once you have the render queue open,…which can be accessed from the Window menu as well.…There it is, render queue.…You can also drag other compositions…from the Project panel directly…into the render queue to add them.…After Effects can then render all of the items…in the render queue at once without additional supervision.…Unfortunately, you can not use After Effects…while it's rendering from its render queue.…I'll show you a work around to that…
If you are still using a pre–Creative Cloud version of After Effects, such as CS6, we suggest you watch After Effects Apprentice 01: CS Pre-Roll instead. There have been numerous changes to the After Effects interface, especially in the area of previewing.
- Understanding what's where in After Effects CC
- Customizing the user interface
- Importing sources, including essential settings
- Managing compositions and composition hierarchies
- Previewing work
- Rendering (and exporting) an After Effects project