Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Render footage with an alpha, part of After Effects CC 2018: Editors and Post Essential Training.
- [Instructor] If your composition was created…with the intent of it being keyed over other footage,…like a lower third, then you'll need to output a render…with an alpha channel.…Here, we'll take a look at how to do this two ways…using the Render queue, one with an embedded alpha,…and the other as a separate movie.…So my composition here has a lower third element,…and I've got it currently keyed over a piece of footage…that I'm using as reference.…Obviously, I don't want to render this footage…and I notice that there's a couple other things.…Let's go ahead and address the background here first.…
I can certainly turn this layer off,…but as I'm building this and refining it,…I was using this as reference,…there's a way for us to still view this…in our composition window, but not have it render,…and that's through the use of a guide layer.…With my layer five selected, I can right-click on it…and say Guide Layer, and essentially this is telling…After Effects that show me this background or this layer…in the window, in the composition window,…
- Linking Premiere Pro and After Effects dynamically
- Navigating timeline layers
- Working with keyframes
- Precomping elements
- Animating mask reveals and tracking masks
- Creating elements with shape layers
- Animating shapes and text
- Working with Illustrator files
- Animating a logo
- Creating 3D type extrusions
- Creating a simple camera in Z-space montage
- Keying video with Keylight
- Batch rendering and Dynamic Link rendering
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Creating Presets and Controllerswith Nick Harauz1h 29m Intermediate
1. How After Effects Is Different from Premiere
2. Working with Masks and Shapes
3. Working with Type and Logos
4. Working with Stills and Video
5. Outputting Media
6. Example Techniques
7. Challenge: Put Your Skills into Practice
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.