Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Renaming and renumbering image sequences, part of Creating Time-Lapse Video.
- View Offline
Rich: If a file name is repeated on your hard drive, it's very easy to have media …management issues. Particularly if your video Editing Tool, …or Compositing Tool has to go searching and reconnect assets. …Additionally, those gaps in numbering caused by deleting a frame, could lead to …a break in the time code movie. Sometimes causing two different movies to …be created, or for color bars or black frames to be flashed. …All right, so let's take a look at how we get around these issues. …I recommend that you select all the images in a stack.…
You can expand that pretty easily by clicking, then choose Tools > Batch Rename. …This allows you to assign a unique name and number combination or other information. …The important thing here, though, is that you only have a sequential number. …So try to avoid things like Dates. I'll call this RedRock, April, and I can …put the basic date in here as long as there's not a change from anything else.…
This can say April 13, as long as every file has the same predecessor, and now …
This course was created and produced by Rich Harrington. We are honored to host this content in our library.
- What is time-lapse photography?
- Why shoot with a still camera?
- Choosing a frame size and frame rate
- Using an internal or external intervalometer
- Selecting a memory card
- Tracking the sun's position
- Deciding how long to shoot
- Using a slider
- Shooting time lapse on a smartphone or tablet
- Removing noise and spots with Adobe Camera Raw
- Importing the image sequence
- Refining the duration and frame rate
- Blending frames
- Creating variable speed effects
- Exporting your sequence