Join Lee Lanier for an in-depth discussion in this video Removing unwanted elements with a garbage mask, part of Maya Rendering for After Effects Composites.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
We have assembled the spaceship render passes inside our composition in After Effects, we…also adjusted the various layers to improve the quality of the specularity in the reflection…and also changed the color of the incandescence on the logo.…We are now ready to take this composition and nest it into another one, so we can add…the live-action background footage.…So let me go straight to Composition > New Composition. I want to create new composition…that matches the first one.…In this case I need HD 1080, 24 frames per second, and a duration of 90 frames.…
So this is all correct. I can click OK now, and there is a new composition called Comp 1.…Let me go ahead and grab the Shot2Ship composition and drop it in this one and therefore nest it.…Now I want to see this in front of the live- action, so I'm going to go to Shot2 and pull that…down and place it underneath.…Now even though that's in the composition, I cannot see it in the viewer. That's because…the Alpha around the spaceship is not correct, I do not have the transparency information to make that work.…
- Working with image sequences
- Matching the 3D camera to video footage
- Lighting models in Maya
- Splitting a scene into multiple render passes
- Batch rendering
- Recombining render passes in an After Effects composition
- Setting up motion trackers
- Refining layers with rotoscoping
- Adding blur and effects
- Adjusting shadows and matte edges
- Using color correction
- Stabilizing shaky video
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Prepping a Maya Scene
2. Introduction to the Render Layer Editor
3. Creating Render Passes with mental ray
4. Recombining Render Passes in After Effects
5. Transforming Motion Tracking in After Effects
Setting up a motion tracker5m 17s
6. Transforming Motion Tracking to a Moving Camera
7. Stabilization and Corner Pin Motion Tracking
Next steps1m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.