Join Lee Lanier for an in-depth discussion in this video Refining a layer's transparency with rotoscoping, part of Maya Rendering for After Effects Composites.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
We have applied the motion tracking data to the render layer, and now the motion tracking…is working where the spyglass follows the hand of the actress.…One thing we had to do though is spend a little bit more time working with the anchor points.…Because there is a little bit of slide based in the way the spyglass is rendered in terms…of it's sliding left, right, up, or down compared to her hand, we had to keyframe the anchor…point, and it took me a total of six additional keyframes to make the motion look better.…Let's play it back there and see what it looks like.…So the spyglass is following her hand fairly well.…
It looks like it's right there where her fingertips are.…Now, one problem of course is the fact that the spyglass handle covers up her hand.…This should be really in between her fingers.…This is a common problem with visual effects compositing.…You have a CG Render, you have to put it behind something that was shot in the real world.…So, how do you do that? Well, the best way to fix that is through rotoscoping, which is…
- Working with image sequences
- Matching the 3D camera to video footage
- Lighting models in Maya
- Splitting a scene into multiple render passes
- Batch rendering
- Recombining render passes in an After Effects composition
- Setting up motion trackers
- Refining layers with rotoscoping
- Adding blur and effects
- Adjusting shadows and matte edges
- Using color correction
- Stabilizing shaky video
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Prepping a Maya Scene
2. Introduction to the Render Layer Editor
3. Creating Render Passes with mental ray
4. Recombining Render Passes in After Effects
5. Transforming Motion Tracking in After Effects
Setting up a motion tracker5m 17s
6. Transforming Motion Tracking to a Moving Camera
7. Stabilization and Corner Pin Motion Tracking
Next steps1m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.