The Puppet tool provides localized mesh deformation for a layer. Various Puppet pins offer different manipulation of the mesh.
- [Instructor] After Effects offers animators the ability … to manipulate characters through its Puppet tools. … Much like controlling a marionette with strings, … the Puppet tool lets users define pins … that can move, hold, and rotate … The end effect is controlled warping of a layer … that is a very powerful tool in the animator's tool set. … I've got two characters here in my scene … that's depicting a robbery in progress. … You can see that we've got this thief … trying to steal the ideas from another guy, … and if we preview this, … what you're looking at are the Puppet tools in action. … I've got two layers here, … each with a Puppet effect applied to it … and a handful of keyframes. … Stop this and dive into one of the characters. … You can see that this guy is created with just one layer. … Now, I didn't break this character out … into multiple components since I can rely … on the Puppet tools to move some parts for me. … So, how do we use them? … Let's come over here to Puppet Tool Start, …
- Shape layers and masks
- Track mattes
- Rigging characters
- Using the Puppet tool for rigging
- Adding and adjusting keyframes
- Looping animation
- Animating with motion paths and motion sketch
- Adding cameras for multiplane environments
- Lighting animation
- Rendering animation
Skill Level Beginner
After Effects CC 2019 New Featureswith Mark Christiansen34m 12s Intermediate
1. Working with Layers and Shapes
2. Rigging Character Controls
3. Working with Animation
4. Creating Multiplane Environments
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.