Learn effective ways of coloring your artwork in Adobe Illustrator.
- [Instructor] K, so I've got open 04_06_Grids.ai…you can open that and follow along…if you have access to the exercise files.…What we're going to do here is we're going to…have a look at the composition of the elements.…You'll see that I've worked on them a little bit more here.…I've used the Transform effect to create this keyboard…using rounded rectangles and repeating them…using the Transform effect.…I've also added some detail to the arms…using just simple strokes with rounded ends…added to paths to create these little bracelets.…
I've also added a body using an ellipse.…Again I'm sticking to primitive shapes…to create most of the elements for this design.…And then I've used a star to create the legs of the chair.…Star is great for anything where you want…multiple items emanating from a central point…so I've used that to create the wheel base.…Now I want to use a rule of thirds grid.…Now you'll see the default…Illustrator grid on top of my image.…This grid is fine if you want to create…divisions of a certain measurement.…
In this course, learn about the most important principles of composition and how to use them in your designs. Instructor Angie Taylor puts these principles in context by taking you though the development of an online advertisement, and showcasing the different techniques used throughout her workflow. She demonstrates how to capture colors, patterns, and shapes using the Adobe Capture app; develop your rough ideas into layers that are ready for animating; compose design elements in After Effects; and create 3D artwork with Cinema 4D and After Effects.
- Using color, contrast, line, and shape
- Sampling colors from photographs
- Creating swatch groups in Adobe Illustrator
- Adding dimension with space, motion, and depth
- Creating vector shapes with the Adobe Capture app
- Coloring artwork in Adobe Draw
- Illustrator layer structure for 2D animation
- Composing design elements in After Effects
- When to use Cinema 4D for 2D-style animation
- Creating 3D artwork for motion graphics
- Adding depth to 3D objects with shading