Join Chad Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Previewing before and after, part of Up and Running with Magic Bullet Suite.
In this tutorial, we're going to look at previewing before and after. …Now, we're going to learn a few little shortcuts and tricks along the way, it's …pretty cool. So, I have here this clip, and I've …applied some Magic Bullet Looks, and I've intentionally ruined the footage and made …it look terrible, so we have to go play detective and figure out what's going so. …So, let's go ahead and click on Edit, we'll make sure this layer's selected, we …can see its effect controls here. Click the Edit button to open up the …Magic Bullet Looks window. And we have here a series of tools that …we've applied to this footage to get this look.…
And one of these things is messing up our footage. …Now what we can do, is we could go to the little power icon for each of the tools, …and turn it off and on. I'll turn off the vignette and turn on …the vignette. This is great for previewing, seeing …before and afters, and as we go to saturation we realize, you know what, …this is the culprit, it looks terrible. So, what I'm going to do is I'm going to …
- Integrating with After Effects and Premiere Pro
- Getting common Hollywood styles with Magic Bullet Looks
- Tweaking Looks presets
- Creating a Power Mask
- Using the Looks toolset
- Performing basic color correction
- Creating a miniature effect
- Performing powerful secondary color correction with Colorista II
- Adjusting skin tones with Cosmo
- Using Denoiser to salvage (and beautify) noisy footage
Skill Level Appropriate for all
After Effects CS6 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson8h 41m Beginner
VFX Techniques: Crowd Replication with After Effectswith Lee Lanier2h 54m Intermediate
1. Magic Bullet Looks Basics
2. A Tour of the Looks Tools
3. Magic Bullet Looks in Practice
4. Using the MisFire Plugins
5. Using Colorista II
6. Removing Noise with Denoiser
7. Adjusting Skin Tones with Cosmo
About Cosmo2m 43s
8. Using Mojo
9. The Rest of the Magic Bullet Suite
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.