Join Chris Meyer for an in-depth discussion in this video Preview updates, part of After Effects: 2015 Creative Cloud Updates.
- One of the biggest changes overall…when After Effects CC 2015 was introduced…was the brand new Previews behavior.…In short, After Effects gained the ability…to start playing back immediately.…without waiting to cache,…and it also had the ability to edit parameters…while the preview was playing.…Now that users have played with this a bit,…they've given a lot of feedback to Adobe…and Adobe has been tweaking how Preview works…in response to user feedback.…The good news is the defaults are better…and you have a lot more parameters…that you can control to customize previews.…
The bad news is there's a lot more parameters…that you have to be aware of.…Let's run through them.…First off, there are now more keys…available for previewing.…In addition to the old spacebar,…Numpad Zero and Numpad Period…which used to be the old audio-only preview,…we have a brand new one a Shift-Spacebar,…the old Shift-Numpad Zero which used…to skip every other frame,…you can program it to do what you want now,…and Option-Numpad period.…Previously, you could program…
Check back often for updates. New chapters will be added each time Adobe releases a major After Effects update.
- Preview options
- Editing a project without stopping preview playback
- Navigating the CC Libraries workflows
- Moving animations from Adobe Character Animator to After Effects
- Using expressions to dynamically measure facial dimensions
- Setting up layers in CINEWARE and CINEMA 4D Lite
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: This course was updated on 12/01/2015. What changed?
A: We added 11 movies covering the fall 2015 updates to After Effects CC (v13.6), including the new start screen, preview updates, Creative Cloud Libraries import, new effects, and multitouch gestures.