Join Lee Lanier for an in-depth discussion in this video Preview of the project, part of VFX Techniques: Space Scene 01: Maya Animation and Dynamic Simulation.
…I wanted to show you what we're going to be working on throughout this course.…This is actually the final Maya file.…Here's a movie that has all the various elements.…See here's the start, all the way to the end.…So, this includes animation.…We'll work on the animation of the ship, the lighting.…And also dynamic simulation in terms of…breaking up this asteroid, creating a particle…simulation, and then rendering all of those…various components out as custom render layers and…mental ray render passes.…
Now all these render layers and passes are…designed for rendering, so I can take those…image sequences, and go on to the follow-up…course, where we'll, composite those together in AfterEffects.…
- Animating the spaceship and asteroid
- Animating cameras to follow the action
- Setting key and fill lights
- Creating layers for the sun, stars, and planet
- Setting up shadow and lighting layers
- Creating mental ray render passes
- Exploding geometry in a dynamic simulation
- Attaching nParticle emitter to bodies
- Batch rendering render layers
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Animating the Shot
3. Lighting the Shot
4. Setting Up Render Layers
5. Dynamically Exploding Geometry
6. Adding a Particle Simulation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.