Learn about the different considerations when preparing artwork in Adobe Photoshop and the different ways to import Photoshop files into After Effects. See the advantages of one method over another.
- Like After Effects, … Photoshop is used for a wide variety of tasks. … It's got a great brush system, … that can create digital art with analog aesthetics, … and of course it's known as the industry standard … for photo image editing. … Now, whether you're painting your own art … from scratch inside of Photoshop … or editing photos of analog art, … we need to prep that artwork for After Effects. … So here inside of Photoshop, … I've got a layered PSD file … but it didn't start out this way. … I'm going to disable the visibility of all these layers, … except this original layer here. … This was the original flattened artwork that I started with. … The idea here, … is that we need to break up this flattened imagery … into layers that will move inside of After Effects. … So that means we need to think about the character … and as groups. … In this case, we've got this rabbit … and his ears are calling out … to be flapping in the wind. … into separate layers inside of Photoshop, … and you're not already familiar with those techniques, …
- Shape layers and masks
- Track mattes
- Rigging characters
- Using the Puppet tool for rigging
- Adding and adjusting keyframes
- Looping animation
- Animating with motion paths and motion sketch
- Adding cameras for multiplane environments
- Lighting animation
- Rendering animation
Skill Level Beginner
After Effects CC 2019 New Featureswith Mark Christiansen34m 12s Intermediate
1. Working with Layers and Shapes
2. Rigging Character Controls
3. Working with Animation
4. Creating Multiplane Environments
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.