This video helps you understand how to create a precomp.
- [Instructor] My favorite way of describing after effects…is often photoshop on wheels, because that is a really…good description I think because there are so many things…in common with photoshop.…If you have a bunch of layers in photoshop that you wanted…to affect as a group, you could turn them into a smart…object which means you could filter all of their…cumulative effects into other things with them as well…and you can do exactly that in after effects.…
It's just called a pre-composition or a pre-comp.…What I'm going to do is first of all select just…the cards here, just for the moment but these are the things…I want to turn into a kind of smart object or a pre-comp…here and you can do that with the select tool at the top…left of the interface there, drag across the cards to select…them just so, and what we're going to do with the cards…is first of all, is unparent them temporarily and we can…do that by going to the drop down like so and choosing…none, and you'll see it does that for all of those things.…
- Basic terminology
- Importing files from Photoshop and Illustrator into After Effects
- Creating a lower third in After Effects
- Creating a new project in Adobe Premiere
- Working with sound and Audition
- Multitrack editing
- Remixing time
- Navigating the Adobe Audition interface
- Adobe Media Encoder
- Making a short social movie
Skill Level Beginner
Video Foundations: Cameras and Shootingwith Anthony Q. Artis2h 58m Appropriate for all
Audition CC 2017 Essential Trainingwith Paul Murphy5h 32m Beginner
1. Foundation Concepts
2. Adobe After Effects Essentials
3. Creating a Lower Third in After Effects
4. Adobe Premiere
5. Adobe Audition
6. Adobe Media Encoder
7. Making a Short Social Movie
Connecting with the author1m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.